CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Grandparents

Caleb recently was given an assignment to write an essay on his grandparents. Here is a copy of his essay, complete and unedited. He did all the work on his own. It really touched me. So, interesting to see the world as your child does.

My Grandparents By: Caleb Jones

I have four wonderful grandparents. I have my Nana and Pawpaw. They live in Alabama and are on my dad’s side. My pawpaw got very sick and passed away, but when he was alive I had a lot of fun playing with him. Now my nana lives alone in her house. I also have my grandma and grandpa. They live here in Tennessee on my mom’s side. Both of them are still alive and healthy. I love all of my grandparents no matter what.

First I’m going to talk about my pawpaw. Ever since I was born he has at least had a cane, but he is a fighter. Whenever they would come to our house or I came to theirs I would have fun horsing around and wrestling with him. He could run around or anything, but he was a lot of fun and stayed strong. Eventually his cane turned into a scooter. He started to get so sick that he had to lie in bed and could never really get up. That is how I lost my grandfather.

Next I’m going to tell you about my Nana. She never exactly horsed around with me, but she is fun. She can come outside with us and play with us. I enjoy spending time with her. She is fun and play with. Usually if my parents are busy she can keep us company. I like playing games with her a lot. Her favorite are card games and those are fun to play with her. One game I’m most familiar with is Uno. A lot of times we settle down and play it. It’s very fun.

Now I’m going to switch over to my mom’s side. I will talk about my grandpa. I enjoy going to his house and shooting guns at targets and bottles. Sometimes he needs help cutting down trees or trimming branches and believe it or not I enjoy doing that kind of work. Sometimes a bunch of people come over and we’ll have a bon fire or a cookout. Sometimes he does things that you expect grandparents couldn’t do. As a matter of fact I think he acts younger then he really is which is pretty cool.

Last but not least is my grandma. She is very useful and always around to help. She is good with kids. As a matter of fact she had nine children of her own! So you probably already guessed by now that she babysits us when needed. She is the perfect babysitter and all we need. We don’t know who would babysit us because my grandpa lives in Sevierville and my other grandparents live in Alabama. I’m glad she can babysit us because she is very nice. She is very handy. I don’t know what we would do without her.

I love my grandparents a lot. I love them all in a different way. My grandparents are unique and are different then most grandparents to my opinion. I hope I have them for a very long time. What I also like is that they aren’t cool for the same reason. I would never ask for better grandparents then I have (mostly because there probably is no one better).

No comments:

Post a Comment